mardi 3 avril 2012

Beta male.



"Hello, Madeline. I'm Charlie."
"I always liked the name Charlie." Madeline said. "How come Sally can't see you?"
"Only you can see me right now," Charlie said.
"Because I'm dying?"
"I think so."
"Okay. You're a nice-looking kid, you know that?"
"Thanks. You're not bad yourself."
"I'm scared, Charlie. It doesn't hurt. I used to be afraid that it would hurt, but now I'm afraid of what happens next."
Charlie sat down on the chair next to the bed. "I think that's why I'm here, Madeline, you don't need to be afraid."
"I drank a lot of brandy, Charlie. That's why this happened."
"Maddy-can I call you Maddy?"
"Sure, kid, we're friends."
"Yes, we are. Maddy, this was always going to happen. You didn't do anything to cause it."


Moore, C.
A Dirty Job; Harper, 2006; chapitre 12, p 138

Aucun commentaire: